Cycling is always become the best option for everyone that want to burn calories while improving your cardiac system. This sport is a sport that usually done outdoor. But what if the weather is not support to do? Or you can be out for some reason. Many cyclists also do the activity inside their house. So, a bad weather is not a reason to not doing sport at all. You can do the cycling inside your house because there are many tools that you can use inside. Doing the activity inside is also fun thing to do.
So what you should to doing this indoor train activity? There is a tool that can be use, we usually called it fluid. It’s a tool that keeps the bike stand so that we can use it along the off season inside the house. Again, there are sure many products that make you confuse which one is better to use at home.
And here we will talk about two fluid products that popular among the cyclists. There are Cycleops Fluid 2 and Jet Fluid Pro. Both products are popular and you can easily get in the online market place such as amazon.com and ebay. Now let’s star to compare the two products to understand better each of them.
Cycleops Fluid 2
First let’s talk about the Cycleops Fluid 2. Actually both products are made by same company, but it has different type and so the specification is maybe a little bit different. And this product is also having a good review by the users; prove by many positive comments on the blog, cyclist forum and the review on the marketplace. Before we talk further, here are the specifications of Cycleops Fluid 2 based on the Factory claim:
• INCREDIBLY WORKS WITH ZWIFT: Hop on and ride with others on Rouvy, Zwift, and other online training apps
• BEST SELLING TRAINER UP TO NOW: The CycleOps Fluid2 is the best selling trainer in the USA. Made in the USA with 100% recyclable, non-rusting materials. What more you need?
• FLUID RESISTANCE IS QUIET AND CONSISTENT: CycleOps Fluid2 powertuned technology makes for a quiet, consistent, ride every time you get on your bike indoors. Noise level at 20 mph is 64-68 decibels
• RUGGED 2-INCH ROUND 16-GAUGE STEEL FRAME: Tested to the combined weight (rider and bike) of 300 pounds
• STABLE WIDE FRAME: Adjustable footpads for a stable ride on most surfaces; Compatible with virtual training apps.
• Made from rugged 2-inch round 16-gauge steel
• Comes with a lifetime warranty from cycleOps
• Adjustable footpads for a stable ride on most surfaces
Based on those specifications, we can understand that this fluid will be a great fluid to have. Many review from the user about the pros and cons of using this fluid, such as:
• Smooth performance
Fluid resistance used for the flywheel on this bike trainer. You will get more resistance from the trainer with harder pedal. You will feel like workout in the real road.
• Works with almost any size tires
This Fluid will work for your tire because the resistance unit roller is 2 in wide and it allows for 650b, 700c, 26″, 27″ and 29″ wheel sizes – up to a 2.0 tire.
• Lifetime Warranty
Who didn’t want this kind of warranty? We sure love to get this from each product we have. And this fluid gives you this. So you may not worry about the warranty.
• Wears out tires
The treads on your tire may wear out to the point where your tire can eventually fail because of the friction between the flywheel and your bike.
• Resistance can’t be increased on the trainer itself
You have to change gears on the bike to add more resistance.
Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro
Next product is the cycleops Jet Fluid Pro that also come from the same brand with the previous one. This product also popular among the cyclist and it also get a higher stars based on the user review. Then, we need to know whether this product is better than the previous one or not. To compare, we should first talk about the specification based on the factory claim. And here are the specifications from the factory:
• stiffer New yolk design that keep flywheel cooler than ever
• setup adjustments are not required due to the use of the provided skewer combined with unique self centering bike attachment head
• Legs lock into position for security and stability
• Differ from the previous unit, the unit folds even flatter for storage under a bed
• Clutch knob for consistent resistance unit tension every time
Many users say that they are satisfied with these products. Just like the Cycleops Fluid 2 it also has a smooth performance and can work almost for any tire size. So, it basically almost the same with the other the cycleops fluids 2 even there are still some difference such as the size of the trainer itself.
But there are much people recommend using this fluid trainer to be used in your off season. But again, it is not a must because there are many different reviews from different person. As you can see on the specification list above, that it also has a legs lock for security and stability which mean this is a great type of fluid trainer.
Cycleops Fluid 2 vs Jet Fluid Pro
In conclusion, we can state that both products is almost have similar specs, but different function. Also, they have their own benefit, positive and negative side of them. So, to decide which one will fulfill your expectation, it is a good idea to first understand your need. Because without understanding your own need, you may can’t get the best tools you need. Then, you also need to understand the specification of the products so you can do the matching between the product function and your needs. After all, it is all depend on your own of how well the both product function for you.