In cycling activity it is not only the cycle that we need. But there are other tools that we should consider to use to support and improve our activity. One of the tools beside the bike is a smart watch that can be used that has function for fitness tracking and computer function while riding your bike.
Smart watch will give you many benefits to you. Smart watch can show you the distance of your riding, your heart beat rate, and even you can know the speed of your bike because it also can be function as a speedometer.
Many bikers that love to use this smart watch not only while they are riding, but also when they are walking, or jogging. The smart watch is really a useful tool for your daily activity, especially when you are riding.
There are many smart watches in the market, each product have their own positive and negative side. They also have their own design that usually makes us confused to choose which smart watch we will take. Because you know, wearing watch is one of a style. See also: Cygolite Expilion 800 vs Niterider Lumina 700.
To help you, in this article we will discuss about two product that had been popular among the bikers. There are two smart watches coming from Garmin. There are Garmin Vivoactive and Garmin 920XT. We will compare the two products based on their feature and of course the design. So you will know which one will suitable for you and your activity.
As we talk before that each product sure have their own positive and negative side that means the products have their own specification. Both products may have very different specs or they have almost similar specs. In this part, we will talk about each product specification based on the factory claim.
This product is popular and used by many people mainly the bikers. This product also gets a high review by the users in the some online market place. So, it should be good products. And here are the specification of Garmin Vivoactive based on factory claim:
• Ultra-thin GPS smartwatch with a sunlight
• high-resolution color and readable touchscreen
• Built-in sports apps, including GPS
• enabled biking, running and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking, this smartwatch let you view your stats even when away from your phone
• Pairs with your smartphone to gently vibrate and display alerts for incoming calls, texts, emails and calendar items plus notifications from social media and other mobile apps
• Customize with free watch face designs, widgets and apps from our Connect IQ store
• Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks6 in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS
The second product is also coming from the Garmin brand. The other type that also becomes a popular watch is the Garmin 920XT. This smart watch is even got a higher review than the Garmin Vivoactive in some of the review forum and online marketplace. So, we can guess that this smart watch is worth to buy. But before, let’s start with taking the specification based on the factory claim:
• VO2 MAX, RECOVERY TIME & RACE PREDICTOR2 Forerunner 920XT estimates VO2 max, recovery time and predicts your race times for several distances when used with heart rate. When used with a power meter, it estimates VO2 max for cycling as well.
• RUNNING DYNAMICS1 When paired with the HRM-RunTM monitor, the Forerunner 920XT provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time.
• METRICS THAT MATTER Record speed, distance, ascent/descent, grade and more. Pair with ANT+ compatible sensors to measure heart rate4, speed4, cadence4 and power4. Control VIRB Elite action camera4 to record and relive your accomplishments
• SMART NOTIFICATIONS3 See incoming email, text messages, calls alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone.
We can see why this product is getting higher stars than the Garmin Vivoactive. It can say that, only based the factory claim, we already know how great this product is to use in the cycling activity.
Based on that comparison above, we now could compare the feature between them two. From the explanation above the garmin Vivoactive only have one advantage compare to the Garmin 920XT. This advantage may please the music lover because you can control your phone’s music from the smartwatch. So you can easily switch the track or adjust the volume through yoursmart watch.
In the opposite, the competitor Garmin 920XT is offering much more features. Not only having the Bluetooth connectivity, Garmin 920XT also has built in WI-Fi. It is also having a longer battery life that can last up to 40 hours non – stop with the GPS on, while the Garmin Vivoactive only last uo ti 10 hours per single charge with GPS on.
Moreover, the Garmin 920XT is having other features such as visual. Vibration and sound alerts. Not only that, this smart watch also comes with power meter, running dynamics, V02 MAX estimation, virtual partner, multisport mode, magnetic compass and barometric altimeter.
These two smartwatches are designed differently. While Garmin vivoactive comes with a simple but sleek and elegant design that are available in black and white color choices. Garmin vivoactive sports a wide yet ultra-thin color touchscreen.
The Garmin Vivoactive having high resolution allows for sharp and crisp visual information for convenient reading. With 8 mm thickness, makes it very comfortable to wear. It is not exactly very bright screen, but still very readable under the bright sun.
On the other hand, Garmin 920 XT appears to be a fun modern watch with a hinged rubber band and a square display screen with the display screen is relatively smaller and is not a touchscreen. Garmin 920CT has got the perfect contrast and brightness levels that make it very easy to read in any condition.
Garmin Vivoactive Vs 920XT
So, after we talked about all the differences between the two products you may now be able to decide which product will suits you better. If you love the touchscreen and the music control ability you can choose the Garmin Vivoactive. But if you need more function just pick the Garmin 920XT.